The youngest loves cooking and wants to make Turkish Chocolate Pot this weekend – I’m in. I adore chocolate. I especially need some as a van crashed in to my car today and I’m feeling a bit pathetic. (I reckon J.K. Rowling was spot on when she gave Harry Potter chocolate after he encountered dementors.)
Chocolate Pot was the kids’ favourite dish on the menu at the Dionysos Hotel in Turkey where we stayed as guests of Exclusive Escapes last October. The recipe is by Didem, the owner’s daughter and a celebrity chef in Turkey, and is so popular with guests that Dionysos have produced Chocolate Pot recipe cards for guests to take home. Ahmet, the owner of Dionysos, says it’s fine for me to share the recipe with you.
Chocolate Pot (serves 4)
Ingredients: 100g + 8 squares dark chocolate, 3 eggs, 80g sugar, 50g butter, 1 soup spoon flour.
- Heat the oven to 260°c and grease and flour 4 dariole moulds.
- Melt 100g of chocolate and add the butter.
- Mix the eggs, sugar and flour together, then add the melted chocolate.
- Fill the dariole moulds with this mixture until they’re a third full.
- Add 2 squares of chocolate to each mould then fill with the remaining mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
I can’t wait to eat this – I’m sure it will make me feel better. I’ll let you know how it goes.